Great things are happening in The State of Osun!
A very successful pilot was run in 2016/2017 with a satellite centre in Lagos. We had 275 volunteer teachers, 3,750 students in 41 centres all over Osun State. A subsequent session was run in 2017/2018 successfully too.
The good news is most of the students passed excellently in the WASCE, NECO and JAMB examinations!
Next, our target is to tutor 10,000 students during 2018/2019 session – you can help make this happen.
- 20-week tutoring programme
- 65 coaching centers
- 10,000 students
- 530 volunteers
- Teaching & educational materials for all teachers and students
- Feeding of students and teachers
- Tutoring materials: N22,620,000.00
- Feeding: N37, 547,500.00
- Office running expenses and staff stipends: N3,711,000.00
- Total cost for 2018/2019 tutoring session: N63,878,500.00
The Osun cause
In 2015, Osun placed 29th out of 36 states in the national examinations. Despite several interventions, the performance of students remained low. We are working with volunteer teachers to change this through the free weekend coaching provided during term times. Find out about what we’ve been doing in Osun.
Each student will cost us N6,435.00 Read more on how we spend your money.